If you are interested in getting treatment for drug or alcohol addiction but are still questioning whether the tradeoff is worth it– you have come to the right place. If you have tried to get clean and sober alone with no success, this may have convinced you that sobriety is just too difficult to achieve. With treatment and enrollment into a sober living program, people vastly improve their prospects for lifelong recovery. Additionally, everyone that chooses to commit to recovery does so because they see how it improves their quality of life. Here are many reasons to stay sober and clean and get your life back to normal.
- Instead, be intentional in keeping your circle filled with strong, loving people who will encourage and bring out the best in you.
- The best way to make amends is by truly committing to recovery.
- I had been drinking way too much way too often since age 16.
- Early substance use and substance of choice.
- Learn that you have choices and that you can maintain control.
- Our nationally accredited substance abuse detoxification & treatment center is one of the most highly respected programs in the country.
Even if you don’t tend to black out under the influence, alcohol and drugs can make your memory foggy and unreliable. When you’re sober, you’ll feel sharper and more alert, and you’ll remember things better. It’s hard to overstate the importance of good sleep.
#7: Focus and Achieve Your Goals.
It’ll take some time, but your body’s chemistry levels will slowly return to normal after recovery. This means you’ll feel happier, more energized, and more refreshed as time goes on. They vary depending on your drug of choice.
Soon the weekend crept into Thursday and Friday, and soon enough you were back to seven days. Maybe you have repeatedly promised your spouse, children or parents that you were done, and you meant it this time; but your conviction waned once again.
You’ve Put Time And Effort Into Staying Sober.
At Pine Tree Recovery Center we have Treatment Advisors standing by to help you make this decision. We will complete an assessment over the phone and guide you in the right direction. In most cases, medical detox serves as an important initial step. There are additional risk factors for addiction, and additional reasons why it can be so difficult to get sober without professional help. Experiencing issues in your interpersonal relationships as a direct consequence of your drinking or drug use .
You might not feel ready to go back home right after treatment and need a place to transition. Be honest with yourself about what you need to stay sober. Staying sober for the long term is easier when you think of everything day by day. In life, most people will judge you on your actions not your words. Show up, keep appointments you set, call if you are going to be late, etc. In addition, reflect on areas you may have been irresponsible in during the past and make a plan to change those behaviors.
Stay Cool and Calm
Many people have walked the steps that you are contemplating walking. No matter what walk of life you https://ecosoberhouse.com/ hail from, no matter how broken you are, know that there is an island of lost toys waiting for you.
- You’ll enjoy generalhealth and wellnessthat you can’t necessarily achieve if you’re drinking or using drugs.
- However, when you are sober, and you’ve gone through detox, you’ll feel even less pain.
- Just be sure that your rewards don’t involve drugs or alcohol.
- Whether you are reading to children or taking animals for walks at a local shelter, you’ll find spending time helping others is fulfilling in many ways.
I am glad to hear that you have been able to appreciate your sobriety and hope that your message is an inspiration for other readers in recovery. When you’re reasons to stay sober under the influence, it’s all too easy to give in to cravings for something greasy, sweet, or salty. It’s much easier to eat well when you’re sober.
Reasons to Get – and Stay – Sober
These dreams are reasons to stay sober and to keep working towards a better and more accomplished you. Without drugs disrupting your life, you can think about what you want as well as take the necessary steps to get there.
At the same, though, it can help to acknowledge the fact that there are others cheering you on. Whether it be family or friends, there are people who want you to stay sober – because you mean the world to them and recovery means keeping you safe. Not to mention, these people have come to know the honest, thoughtful, active, personable, trustworthy, amazing, sober you. The trust you’ve reestablished with the ones you love, the bridges you’ve rebuilt, and the relationships you’ve reignited are great reasons to stay sober. Most addiction treatment centers recommend at least 90 days of sober living before returning home. Many people need more time to get the skills they need to continue sober life outside of a sober living program. Coming to terms with a substance use disorder can be extremely difficult, partially because addiction and denial often go hand-in-hand.
What Percentage Of AA Members Stay Sober?
When you’re sober, you’ll probably find that you stop gaining weight without really trying. Much of our social behaviors involve the use of substances in one form or another. Even if you’re not an addict, living a sober lifestyle can seem like a difficult feat. Living sober means waking up with less regrets or worries about what you did the night before. It means making decisions that will improve your life and benefit your mental, emotional, and physical health. It means thinking before you act and making conscious choices with your best interest in mind. You can be sober and happy by focusing on your health and wellness in your everyday life.
- Verywell Mind articles are reviewed by board-certified physicians and mental healthcare professionals.
- People in recovery can experience a lot of shame simply for having become addicted in the first place.
- Drug abuse is detrimental, bearing many physical, psychological, personal and external consequences.
- Living sober means waking up with less regrets or worries about what you did the night before.
- Also, people can understand you better when you’re speaking without drugs addling your brain.
- Even if you don’t tend to black out under the influence, alcohol and drugs can make your memory foggy and unreliable.
Also, people can understand you better when you’re speaking without drugs addling your brain. For some of us, present company included, alcohol and drugs are not on our list of navigation tools to help us make it to the other side. Rather than believe sobriety is lame, you should try it before you knock it. There is nothing lame about living the life you were intended to live. Take into consideration the best reasons to get sober, and you will be pleasantly surprised how well recovery will work for you. If you have struggled with a less-than-stellar reputation from the choices you have made under the influence, recovery can give you a second chance. Working a recovery program will instill the morals and principles that you never thought you could develop.
The Disease Model of Addiction
The type of despair that can lead to a deep connection with yourself or others. It’s scary as hell when you first do it in sobriety, but it is worth it. The nuances you experience in life can catapult you into the sublime.